Originally founded in 2007 by Dr. Richard Bermudes, TMS Health Solutions would quickly turn into an industry leader in transcranial magnetic stimulation — an innovative non-invasive procedure for treatment-resistant depression (TRD). Fully cleared by the FDA in 2008, transcranial magnetic stimulation would become a trending treatment for up to 17% of the adult population struggling with TRD. After more than a decade operating under the auspices of TMS Health Solutions, Dr. Richard Bermudes and his staff would announce a complete re-branding effort to better serve his patients.
Introducing Mindful Health Solutions
Major Depressive Disorder is also known as depression, characterized by a minimum of two weeks worth of pervasively low mood, self-esteem, and energy. More severe than traditional sadness that we consider another aspect of normal life, major depressive disorder can become a debilitating condition that adversely affects all walks of life. Treating major depressive disorder through cutting-edge and innovative technological solutions was what led Dr. Richard Bermudes to found Mindful Health Solutions in 2007, and it is the reason for the companies newest rebranding efforts.
Differentiating itself from other psychiatric practices, Mindful Health Solutions continues to underline and underscore the importance of innovation. TMS Therapy was not considered FDA-cleared until 2008, a full year after Dr. Bermudes began exploring the therapy solution through research. Now cleared by the FDA, TMS Therapy is far from the only innovative service available through the company.
Living up to the companies new tagline of ‘Innovative Psychiatry Services’, Mindful Health Solutions was excited to launch a host of huge updates regarding their current and future plans. Let’s take a brief moment to highlight key changes that have come alongside the Mindful Health Solutions brand re-launch.
- Esketamine Nasal Spray — A new addition to the psychiatric services offered by Mindful Health Solutions, an Esketamine Nasal Spray is a prescription nasal spray that can be used alongside antidepressants in adults who are struggling from TRD. Esketamine is applied in an office setting under the supervision of a medical professional. Once applied, patients will require transportation from the office to their home while the medication takes effect.
- Self Administered
- Backed By Most Insurers
- New Locations — Alongside their rebranding efforts, Dr. Richard Bermudes and the MHS team have also announced several new locations sprinkled throughout California, including their most recent opening in Newport Beach. The Newport Beach psychiatrist near me will feature four professional psychiatrists trained in TMS as well as a nurse practitioner. More locations are to be opened in the coming years.
- COVID Compliant Video Conferencing — In an effort to better meet the needs of today’s COVID-19 world, the team at Mindful Health Solutions has announced the introduction of video appointments through its online platform. Accepted by many major insurers, online video appointments are also experiencing waived co-pays during the COVID-19 crisis to make telehealth more accessible.
Scheduling Your Mental Health Solutions
More than just a location to find support through innovative mental health solutions, Mindful Health Solutions helps their clients through every aspect of the entire process. According to a study published by the National Institute of Mental Health, some 16 million individuals in the adult population of the United States experienced a major depressive episode in the year 2015. This is obviously a number that has dramatically risen, particularly due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
As an all-in-one location for mental health support through innovative cutting-edge solutions, the team at Mindful Health focuses on crafting a tailored treatment plan that meets the needs and expectations of each client.
The process of getting targeted treatment begins with a simple consultation through Mindful Health Solutions. Already accepting major insurance carriers, Mindful Health Solutions uses its consultation services to outline the proper path toward treatment.
Here is how signing up for services through Mindful Health Solutions traditionally plays out.
- Schedule an Initial Phone Consultation — Video conferencing is also available due to COVID-19. This consultation allows your medical professional to understand your symptoms, answer potential questions about therapy, and schedule an appointment with your ideal healthcare provider. The team at MHS will also gather information and insight from your former physicians and therapists as well as family members to guide your treatment plan.
- Select Your Service — After undergoing a consultation, patients will be ready to work with their practitioner to address treatment-resistant depression. This in-person meeting will include a discussion on antidepressants, transcranial magnetic stimulation, and potential combinations of effective therapies.
- Track Your Results — Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation lasts between 30 and 60 minutes during the time of treatment. Patients typically undergo between 4 and 8 weeks of TMS therapy, though some results may manifest much quicker.
To learn more about transcranial magnetic therapy as well as combating your own treatment-resistant depression, pick up the phone and call Mindful Health Solutions to begin on your journey toward a happier, healthier, and better life. Potential patients can get started by registering for a telehealth appointment today through the Mindful Health Solutions online portal.